Seven Churches of Revelation Tour Itinerary:
- 1th Day: Smyrna and Pergamon tour.
- 2nd Day: Sardes, Thyatira and Philadelphia tour.
- 3rd Day: Pamukkale and Leodiceia Tour.
- 4th Day: Ephesus and Basilica of St. John tour.
1st Day: the Suffering Church and the Compromising Church
- After we meet in Izmir, we will visit Smyrna, “the suffering church” and the (“Do not be afraid of anything that you are going to suffer. Indeed, the devil will throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will face an ordeal for ten days”), home of great 2nd century Bishop Policarp who was burned alive at the age of 85.
- Then we will continue to Pergamum, “the compromising church”; Revelation 2:12-16 describes the city as “where Satan’s seat is”, a reference to the altar of Zeus. After the tour return to Izmir. Dinner and overnight at your hotel in Izmir.
2 nd Day: the Adulterous Church, the Dead Church, the Faithful Church
- Depart for the visit to Thyatira, “the adulterous church” that, as mentioned in the Revelations, tolerated the false prophets, Jezebel (Rev. 1: 11; 2: 18-29).
- Proceed to Sardes, “the dead church”, another of the Seven Churches of Revelation. Jesus told Sardes, “I know thy works, that thou hast a name, that thou livest, and art dead”(Rev. 3: 1-6).
- After visiting “the faithful church” of Philadelphia, we will stay overnight in Pamukkale.
3rd Day: Pamukkale and Laodicean Church
- We will visit Pamukkale and Laodicea, the church chastised for being lukewarm, "You are neither cold nor hot" (Rev. 3: 15), and for being too comfortable incorporating pagan and Christian beliefs.
- After the tour transfer to Kusadasi and stay overnight.
4th Day: the Loveless Church, House of Virgin Mary and Church of St. John
We will visit Ephesus (“the loveless church”, the most important of the seven churches), House of Virgin Mary where she is said to have spent her final years and Basilica of St. John also known as Church of St. John the Theologian.
Please contact us if you need further information about our seven churches of revelation tour.
WHERE AND WHEN
- Meet up location: Any place in Izmir or Kusadasi.
- End location: Back to Hotel in Kusadasi or Izmir.
- Duration: 4 days
The Best Biblical Tour Guide for You!
Our Biblical tour guides are locals who have very good knowledge not only about the sights in the area, but also about the history of Christianity.
They are all fluent in English, and some of them guide also in other languages.
Have the best experience in Ephesus with our expert local guides...