About Ephesus and Pamukkale Tour ( 2 Days)
This is a 2 day tour of ancient cities and a miracle of nature...
Ephesus and Hierapolis are well preserved ancient sites that attract history lovers, and Pamukkale thermal pools are one of the best spots for taking unique photos...
Ephesus & Pamukkale Tour Itinerary
Day 1 - Ephesus Tour:
- After you meet your guide in a hotel in Kusadasi or in Selcuk, the first place to visit is the House of Virgin Mary. According to Christian tradition, Mary was brought to Ephesus by the Apostle John after the Resurrection of Christ, and lived her final days there. This church was erected on the foundation of that house, and its authenticity has been confirmed by Pope Paul VI and Pope John Paul II.
- The highlight of the tour is the ancient city of Ephesus, the largest open-air museum in Turkey and the best preserved classical city in the Eastern Mediterranean. Cleopatra, Mark Anthony, Virgin Mary and John the Apostle once walked its streets. As you walk through this spectacular city, a local guide will give you information about life in ancient Rome.
- After lunch, we will visit the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the ancient world.
- After the tour we will drop you off to the hotel.
Day 2 - Pamukkale Tour:
- Driver and guide will meet you in the hotel lobby. There is three hours driving to Pamukkale, so an early pick up is suggested.
- After we get to Pamukkale, we will walk through the ruins of ancient Hierapolis.
- We will take a short break to take photos and after that continue walking to well preserved Roman theater.
- You can visit the Necropolis, the graveyard with more than two thousand graves.
- Passing by the Roman baths, we will reach the Ancient Pool where you can spend some free time swimming in thermal water.
- Instead, you can also choose to spend that time walking barefoot down the Travertines, filled with thermal water enriched with calcium.
- We suggest a quick lunch stop before the sightseeing, because of limited time during this tour.
- After the tour, we will drive back to your hotel or transfer you to Denizli airport.