4 Days Turkey Tour Of Istanbul And Cappadocia
The best tours with local guides in Istanbul and Cappadocia. You will have chance to visit the highlights of these two areas.
Istanbul, one of historical capitals of the world and Cappadocia, a unique place in the world with its lunar lanscape – these two areas are among the highlights of Turkey.
This is a tour option to start with, perfect for the first-time visitors who do do not have time for longer trip…
Istanbul And Cappadocia Tour Summary:
- Day 1: İstanbul old city tour
- Day 2: İstanbul tour
- Day 3: South Cappadocia tour (Green tour)
- Day 4: North Cappadocia tour (Red tour)
Turkey Itinerary 4 Days
Day 1: Istanbul City Tour
- Your guide will meet you at the hotel between 08.00 and 08.30 am; you will visit Istanbul Old City area:
- Byzantine Hippodrome (used for public entertainments organised by emperors)
- Blue Mosque (or Blue Mosque, famous for its tiles)
- Hagia Sophia (Church of Holy Wisdom, museum that used the be the biggest Orthodox church in the World)
- Grand Bazaar (the oldest and the largest covered market in the world)
- Topkapi Palace (imperial residence of Ottoman sultans).
- You will have lunch during the tour.
- At the end of the tour guide will leave you in your hotel.
The average duration of this tour is 8 hours.
Day 2 : Istanbul and Fly to Cappadocia
- Your guide will meet you in hotel lobby between 08.00 and 08.30. During this tour you will visit:
- Bosphorous boat trip (during this tour you will see the bridges of Istanbul, Dolmabahce and Beylerbeyi Palaces, Anadolu and Rumeli fortresses and beautiful houses around the strait)
- Spice Market (17 century structure that housed the majority of the city’s spice trade)
- Suleymaniye Mosque (majestic structure built by famed architect Sinan)
- There is a lunch stop during the tour.
- Tour ends around 05.00 pm. Please do not forget to take your luggage in the morning. As after the tour you will be transferred to airport to fly to Cappadocia. In Cappadocia you will have organized transfer from the airport to your hotel.
- Overnight stay in Cappadocia
Day 3 : South Cappadocia Tour (Green Tour)
- Guide will meet you in hotel lobby around 09.00 am. You will have have a tour of South Cappadocia, also known as Green Tour:
- Kaymakli Underground city (the widest underground city in the area with 4 floors open to visitors).
- Rose Valley, interesting for walking, as you can see many vineyards and gardens throughout the valley
- Red Valley, interesting for its rock layers of unusual colours
- Cavusin village (one of the oldest settlements in the area)
- Pigeon Valley, famous for its pigeon dwellings carved into rock
- Uchisar Castle panorama – the highest point in the region
- Love Valley, known for especially unusual rock formations
- You will have a lunch stop during this tour
- Return to hotel and overnight stay
Day 4: North Cappadocia Tour and Back to Istanbul
- Guide will meet you in hotel lobby around 09.00 am and take you to North Cappadocia tour, known as Red tour:
- Esentepe viewpoint, a typical photo stop
- Goreme open-air museum (important early Christianity center)
- Monks valley or Pasabag, famous for its fairy chimneys
- Avanos village (with stop in traditional pottery workshop)
- Three beauties, another unique formation and famous symbol of the area
- Dervent valley, well known for its lunar landscape
- You will have a lunch stop during the tour
- After the tour you will be transferred to airport for your flight to Istanbul.
Average tour duration is 8 hours.
The Best Turkey Travel Guide for You!
Our Turkey travel guides are locals who have very good knowledge not only about the sights in the area, but also about the history of Christianity.
They are all fluent in English, and some of them guide also in other languages.
Have the best experience in Turkey with our expert local guides...